By now, like it or not, we have all likely become accustomed to President Trump’s use of Twitter (unless you are like me and have been blocked by the 45th President of the United States). Trump is not the first President to tweet. In fact President Obama was an avid user of the social media platform, but he used it in a more professional manner, and in all likelihood had his staff tweet the bulk of his messages. Trump, on the other hand, has used the platform as a means to intimidate the FBI director, name-call his opponents, lash out at foreign powers and even alienate allies. He tweets in the early morning, the late night and everywhere in between, while oftentimes tweeting 3, 4, 5, or even 10 times in a single day.
In fact, just yesterday, in the midst of lots of controversy over the alleged Comey tapes, and as the Senate rolled out their healthcare plan, President Trump broke his own Twitter record for the most tweets by a sitting US President in a single day. The President sent out 16 tweets throughout the day, beginning at 6:11 am EST and ending at 10:02 pm EST.
His tweets yesterday included messages about how the Democrats are behind the Russia ‘hoax’, how he actually didn’t record James Comey during his meeting with him in February, and even one to blame Obama for Russia’s possible meddling in the 2016 election.
The President seems to tweet whenever he feels cornered, and yesterday he certainly seemed like a man who was frantically trying to divert attention from what has been an increasingly tense few weeks as the Trump/Russia investigation heats up. Below you will find all 16 (includes 2 retweets) of the President’s tweets from yesterday. Enjoy!
- Great night in Iowa – special people. Thank you!
- Former Homeland Security Advisor Jeh Johnson is latest top intelligence official to state there was no grand scheme between Trump & Russia.
- By the way, if Russia was working so hard on the 2016 Election, it all took place during the Obama Admin. Why didn’t they stop them?
- …Why did Democratic National Committee turn down the DHS offer to protect against hacks (long prior to election). It’s all a big Dem HOAX!
- …Why did the DNC REFUSE to turn over its Server to the FBI, and still hasn’t? It’s all a big Dem scam and excuse for losing the election!
- I certainly hope the Democrats do not force Nancy P out. That would be very bad for the Republican Party – and please let Cryin’ Chuck stay!
- With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea…
- …whether there are “tapes” or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings.
- As promised, our campaign against the MS-13 gang continues. “@ICEgov Busts 39 MS-13 Members in New York Operation”
- Mexico was just ranked the second deadliest country in the world, after only Syria. Drug trade is largely the cause. We will BUILD THE WALL!
- I am very supportive of the Senate #HealthcareBill. Look forward to making it really special! Remember, ObamaCare is dead.
- Together, we are going to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! #AmericaFirst🇺🇸
- We’re all thinking of you @SteveScalise! #TeamScalise
- .@FLOTUS & I were honored to host our first WH Congressional Picnic. A wonderful evening & tradition. @MarineBand:…
- RT @foxnation: .@SenTedCruz: I want to Get to a ‘Yes’ Vote:
- RT @foxandfriends: POTUS the predictor? President Trump foretold housing upswing in 2012