BREAKING: Russian-American Lobbyist Says DNC Dirt Was Handed Over At Meeting

Share

Earlier this morning, we broke the news that a Russian-American lobbyist named Rinat Akhmetshin, who officials believe still has strong ties to the Kremlin, also attended the now infamous June 9 Trump Tower meeting. Akhmetshin has since admitted to the Associated Press that he was in fact at the meeting along with Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya, Donald Trump Jr., Paul Manafort, and Jared Kushner. Also indications from Trump Jr.’s attorney point to at least one, maybe two other individuals also in attendance.

If you happened to watch the interview of Trump Jr. by Sean Hannity earlier in the week, then you know that the President’s son has claimed full transparency. He also stated that the meeting ended up being a total waste of time and no dirt on either the DNC or Hillary Clinton was provided.

Well, it now appears as if Trump Jr. has left out the fact that a Russian-American lobbyist was in attendance, and even worse, there now appears to have been information handed over to the Trump Campaign during the meeting.  This information allegedly showed dirt on the DNC. In comments made by Rinat Akhmetshin to the Associated Press today, he stated that Veselnitskaya brought with her a plastic folder with printed-out documents detailing what she believed was the flow of illicit funds to the Democratic National Committee. Veselnitskaya clearly presented these documents to the Trump associates on hand and suggested to them that making the information public could help the Trump campaign.

Akhmetshin said that he specifically remembers Veselnitskaya saying to those in the meeting (including Trump Jr.) that “this could be a good issue to expose how the DNC is accepting bad money.”

Trump Jr. then asked Veselnitskaya if everything was in those documents to prove what she was saying, including the clear flow of funds to the DNC, and Veselnitskaya said that they would need to research it further. This is when, according to Akhmetshin, Trump Jr. seemed to lose interest.

While we do not know where the documents originated from, this seems to counter the narrative that the Trump administration has pushed out to the press, suggesting that there was no information handed over and that the meeting was a waste of time. So much for transparency I guess.

Also earlier this morning, Eddie Krassenstein wrote an article suggesting that there was another meeting which took place in Trump Tower on June 17, 2016.  We will have more as this story unfolds.

COMMENTS: